- Dual stage of compression (RMS & Peak)
- Precise gain reduction meters
- RMS Stage:
- Adjustable Ratio: 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 6
- Program dependant Attack & Release
- Soft Knee switch
- Sidechain high-pass filter switch
- Output gain: + 20dB
- Mix Control (dry/wet)
- THAT Corp. Blackmer VCA ICs
- Jensen output transformer
First designed as the perfect dialogue recording compressor, the TC-500 is one of the best tracking tools available today. With its dual stage of VCA compression, audio sources with high dynamic range can be controlled with ease while maintaining the most transparent sound.
The first stage of compression uses an RMS level detector to work on the overall loudness of the material. The attack and release are program dependant and will adapt to the incoming signal with very fast to medium timings.
The second stage of compression employs a Peak level detector to tame loud transients. With a fixed ratio of 2:1, this is no limiter. Hence the term “Peak Attenuator”. It’s smooth sounding with the least amount of artefacts.
Easy to use, with fast results, the TC-500 is your new companion for every recording session.